We LOVE getting feedback from our students, especially when they really "get it." Here are some of our favorite student comments, gleaned from anonymous course evaluations, in answer to the question "What was the best thing about the class? What did you learn?"
- I did more critical thinking in this class than in any of my academic classes at Cornell
- I really enjoyed how the random talks in the beginning of class turned out to have actual meaning for what we were doing each class period
- Well I really loved the five minute life lessons you used to start out with I thought I learned a lot from that.
- One of the best things about the class was the conversations before class. These conversations were very engaging and generally tested more than we…. I learned about relevant topics and how these topics could be related to fencing.
- The discussions, I learned that it is important to stand up for what you believe in.
- I like learning about fencing and looked forward to the discussions before class. I learned not to take things at face value
- The instructors gave life lessons along with the workout. Learned to seek out heroism.
- The instructor’s stories were interesting, I learned a lot about the difference between truth and bull****.
- The best thing is the light-hearted open discussions that had … learning about chivalry or life
- The exercise was good, but I liked the socio-political rants that were had. I learned (or rather it was reinforced) that not everything is as it seems.
- Best thing was Maitre Crown. He brought a lot of personality to the class and his stories always illustrated an idea that applied to both swordsmanship and everyday life.